Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] draft of negotiation patterns document?

Hima, thank you.

Pallavi, if you were reading the minutes from this
week's negotiation conference call, you might
have thought there was a new version in progress.
That is not so.  The minutes were a little too
optimistic.

There is a project in eBTWG called Business
Collaboration Patterns that includes all of the
contributors to the original ebXML negotiation
pattern, but we are working on other patterns
now - in particular, order-fulfillment-payment
patterns.

If there ever is a revision of the negotiation
pattern, it will most likely come from that
group.  I think there will be, but it's not on
anybody's todo list now.

If it ever happens, I will be sure to discuss it
with the CPPA negotiation gang.  Jamie
Clark, the author of the original document,
also follows the CPPA lists.  Patterns
documents usually have sections for
known uses, variations, and related work.

-Bob Haugen