Subject: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Re: ebxml-cppa-negot: BPSS Status Report

Marty,

This discussion may not be relevant for this mailing list, but Business process
engines implementing BPSS have to do state tracking as BPSS
exists right now. Enterprises using BPSS compliant software
change states based on interactions - these intereactions include
receiving a request document, receiving a response.
Hence this intereactions create specific points at which
state change happens.

Coming back to negotiation, if we look at the BPSS and CPA
which I sent out earlier that were created using BPSS as it
stands today, we can figure out if that doesn't capture
negotiation business process in its entirety.

-hima

Martin W Sachs wrote:

Brian,

Fine. Let's see how far we can go with what we have.

State tracking is a basic middleware function that applications should not be required to perform for themselves. I encourage you to drive the BPSS team toward defining the modeling for it.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287; IBM tie line 863-7287
Notes address: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM
Internet address: mwsachs @ us.ibm.com
"Brian S. Hayes" <brian.hayes@UCLAlumni.net>

          "Brian S. Hayes" <brian.hayes@UCLAlumni.net>

          07/10/2002 11:39 AM