Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] who sends the finished CPA to whom?

Hima,

See my answers below.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

                      "Himagiri(Hima)
                      Mukkamala"               To:       Dale Moberg <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com>
                      <himagiri@sybase.        cc:       Martin W Sachs <mwsachs@us.ibm.com>, ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.
                      com>                      oasis-open.org
                      09/04/2002 12:30
                      AM

+1. Will add a new transaction to BPSS to send the final CPA.

MWS: Remember that this transaction has be be reached from both
acceptance of the initial offer and acceptance of the
final counter offer.

How do we capture the fact that a CPA needs to be signed and
the collaboration is complete with other party adding it's signature
to the CPA which was already signed by the party receiving
the final counter offer.

MWS:  Agreement to sign or not to sign can be obtained as part of
the normal negotiation process since the signature is just more
elements in the CPA. First agree on inclusion of the
Signature element. Then agree on including 2 or 3 ds:Signature
elements as children of Signature.  The Party that receives and
accepts the final counter offer (or the original offer)signs the
CPA by adding the Signature element and first ds:Signature element.
The other Party signs, addign the second ds:Signature element. If
they have agreed on a third-party signature, the procedure is currently
out of scope (the spec will have some comment on this).

MWS: Without signing, the dialog is complete when the accepting party
sends the CPA to the other party (except for the possibility of
rejection by the second party if the second party finds a discrepancy
from what it believed was agreed to.  So, without signing, the second
Party does not return a CPA to the accepting party, i.e., there is
one less CPA transfer.

MWS: Note: even for acceptance of the initial offer, the accepting
party must send the CPA since it will
probably have had to add its PartyId and endpoint address.

MWS:  We also have not discussed the difference between sending a CPA
template, NDD, and final CPA
as an attachment vs. sending a URL.  I think that this affects only
the message payload and not the BPSS transactions.

Let me see if I get this...

If Party A receives the final counter offer and sends an acceptance,
then party A signs the final CPA and party B returns a CPA
with it's signature too...

MWS:  Correct.

-hima