Subject: Issues for Discussion

Everyone,

Here is a partial list of issues for discussion in the next call. All line and section numbers refer to the pdf draft dated 11/2/2003 (attached for your convenience). Come ready to discuss these during the next call!

Best,

Kartha
Issues:

1.(From Sacha) There is no schema for a CPA template. What is a valid CPA template? As once discussed a CPA only has one deliveryChannel element whereas there can be more in a CPA template to keep the preference ... Probably the CPPA schema is valid for a CPA template but ... not realy ... Glossary says that a CPA template is a CPA with open fields, hence a CPA template will never be a valid CPA. A CPA template cannot be validated, can it? Maybe a CPA template does not have to be validated ...

2. (From Sacha)  Line 250: I think the CPA should have an attribute with possible values, such as "CPA template" or a "final CPA" or simply a "temporary-test-something-that-looks-like-a-CPA-and-might-become-a-CPA".

3. (From Sacha)  Line 286: I thought the term "draft CPA" should no longer be used and the term "CPA template" should be used. Or a description of what the difference is, if there is any anymore. Might have to be aligned with the CPPA Spec and maybe the ebXML Architecture Spec. if not already done.
Line 286: Section 6.2 only talks about CPA template, not one word about draft CPA.

4. (From Sacha) x Line 294: A NCPA is for two specific parties, including their party info etc, maybe highlight that a NCPA is a sort of a skeleton CPA where the parties who want to negotiatiate just need to fill in the parties specific information (eg party id). I think this has to be covered somewhere ... like how the NCPA gets fully ready to be deployed...

5. Should we make the distinction between real and virtual NCPAs (Line 416-417).
Also, should we design an NCPA (Line 423)?

6. (From Sacha)  Line 429: Prior to this point, there is a very important point in my opinion. The Initial Offer receiving party has to do a big job here: validating the cpa template and the ndd! For this process it sort of also has to create a CPA template and compare the two CPA templates if it can agree to what will be negotiated. The same for the NDD, it has to make sure it does not get cut short somewhere, that all its negotiation items are fairly represented in the ndd which goes with the new CPA template.

7. Should we keep sections 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 (or move it to futures?)

8. How would one distinguish dummny values from real values in in CPA template
(line 515).

9. Do Start and End appear in the CPP? (Line 599)

10. Need explanation of sentence in line 628.

11. Need to unify sentences 620 (asnyc) with sentence 649 (sync).

12. What is the status of NCPA? Is there only one? A family?

Negotiation.spec.01Nov03.pdf