Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa-negot] CPA negotiation simplifications by limiting NDD content

Hi Sacha,

Yes, what we had in mind originally was negotation of the straight-forward
cases that don't require elaborate negotiation algorithms. You are also
correct that the specification allows for negotiating one or just a few
items and that it covers the simplest case of "accept or decline but no
counter offer is allowed". However once you start growing from a few items
to a lot of items, you then have the possibility of decisions on those
items interacting with each other (my choice for item A may affect the
possibilities for item B) and the complexity grows.

Regards,
Marty

Martin Sachs
standards architect