Subject: RE: New work and loose ends

David,

Have you considered how the requirement to use UMM will be enforced?  I
understand that it restricts the BP team to using UMM.  Suppose some
industry group that has its own collaboration protocol wants to use  the
CPP and CPA.  I am sure that you would agree that it wouldn't be in
anyone's best interest to tell them to go and look for a different
agreement specification? ...nor would it be in anyone's best interest to
tell them that they have to rip up their collaboration protocol and adopt
UMM.

In any case, the ebXML "modularity" requirement forced the CPP-CPA spec to
use words like "MAY" and "SHOULD" instead of "SHALL" with respect to the
BPSS and MSH specs and the same is true of the TRP spec.  The CPP-CPA team
was dinged on this by QR.

"Welsh, David" <David.Welsh@nordstrom.com> on 07/20/2001 12:39:37 PM

To:   "'Dale Moberg'" <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com>, Martin W
      Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org
cc:   "Bob Haugen (E-mail)" <linkage@interaccess.com>, "James Bryce Clark
      (E-mail 2)" <jamie.clark@mmiec.com>, "James Clark (E-mail)"
      <jdc-icot@lcc.net>, "Paul R. Levine (E-mail)" <plevine@telcordia.com>

Dale,
Thanks.
I'm  not really up on how extensive the 'modularity' has been defined
within  ebXML but on 'business process specifications', ebXML makes it a
requirement if you're dealing with business process modeling that the UMM
is the  way.

-Dave