Subject: [ebxml-cppa] FW: Public review questions and Report on CPPA andBarcelona

FYI, here are the questions for Karl
that were asked. I will post his replies
when I get them. Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Moberg
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 10:39 AM
To: 'Karl F. Best'

Hi Karl,

My TC raised a number of questions about details of Oasis
procedures that I could not answer, and I hope you can help.

1. In the guidelines on the web site, a public review before
the 90 day Oasis review is discussed, to be 30 to 60 days.
My TC wants a 30 day review probably but has some questions:
a. how is the public made aware of this review?
b. can other groups (w3c groups e.g.) be informed?
c. does Oasis provide help in getting a wide distribution
 in and outside Oasis?
d. where is feedback recorded -- comment list only?

2. For the official Oasis specification review and vote,
a. do member companies each have one vote?
   as many votes as participants?
b. do individual members each have one vote?
c. can an individual member mention "successful use"
   of the specification?
d. what are the general voting eligibility rules?

Next here is my overview of the TC reaction to the Barcelona
meeting questions:

a. there is some interest in a CPPA TC face-to-face meeting in May.
b. there is interest in meeting with ebTWG groups for several reasons:
   one is to understand whether and how business collaboration
participants
   would need to agree about "Context."
c. there is some interest in Barcelona, though some concern with travel
budgets.
d. there is some preference for a joint meeting in North America.
e. no commitment to a time or place was reached.
f. could Oasis and ebTWG plan for joint meetings in North America?

Finally, if there is still a slot for presenting
in Barcelona about the CPPA work and current
specification, there are 3 candidates for making a presentation.
This would be independent of a face to face.
Please advise me of the next step in order to participate.