Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] isConfidential

One of the problems with this discussion is that no two people seem to have
the same idea of what persistent confidentiality really is.  In particular,
the BPSS spec has an attribute but doesn't seem to have a clear discussion.
I did understand that long term secure storage of the information is part
of the function of persistent confidentiality. How about:

 "...persisted locally in a secure manner, and made available to the
>     application in accordance with local security policies implemented
>     to preserve confidentiality."

                      Christopher
                      Ferris                   To:       Tony Weida <rweida@hotmail.com>
                      <chris.ferris@sun        cc:       CPPA <ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      .com>                    Subject:  Re: [ebxml-cppa] isConfidential

                      03/11/2002 02:09
                      PM

Why would persistence (I assume on some media) be a
consideration? True, the confidentiality is "persistent",
but persistent only to the degree that the feature is
not a function of the transfer or transport mechanism
but of the message itself.