Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] isConfidential

Pallavi,

I don't believe so except in the context of "persistent storage".
We're not talking about storage, but of a characteristic of
the message itself, which may have opportunity to reside
in some persistent storage media as a mere side effect of
its processing.

per·sis·tent   Pronunciation Key  (pr-sstnt, -zs-)
adj.

    1. Refusing to give up or let go; persevering obstinately.
    2. Insistently repetitive or continuous: a persistent ringing of the
telephone.
    3. Existing or remaining in the same state for an indefinitely long
time; enduring: persistent rumors; a persistent infection.
    4. Botany. Lasting past maturity without falling off, as the calyx
on an eggplant or the scales of a pine cone.
    5. Zoology. Retained permanently, rather than disappearing in an
early stage of development: the persistent gills of fishes.

per·sistent·ly adv.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language,
Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
persistent

\Per*sist"ent\, a. [L. persistens, -entis, p. pr. of persistere. See
Persist.] 1. Inclined to persist; having staying qualities; tenacious of
position or purpose.

2. (Biol.) Remaining beyond the period when parts of the same kind
sometimes fall off or are absorbed; permanent; as, persistent teeth or
gills; a persistent calyx; -- opposed to deciduous, and caducous.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

persistent

adj 1: never-ceasing; "the relentless beat of the drums" [syn:
relentless, unrelenting] 2: continually recurring to the mind; "haunting
memories"; "the cathedral organ and the distant voices have a haunting
beauty"- Claudia Cassidy [syn: haunting] 3: (biology) retained; not
shed; "persistent leaves remain attached past maturity"; "the persistent
gills of fishes" [syn: lasting] [ant: caducous]
Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

Cheers,

Chris