Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA version 1.10

David Fischer write>>

"Marty, I am all for some means of clarifying/standardizing what goes
into
PartyId & type.
I am very much against limiting what can be put into those fields to
only what
is registered.  There is nothing wrong with using a type of "DUNS" or
"urn:duns"
as long as the two parties agree to what this means.  If we can
pre-define the
major categories, so much the better."

Dale >> No restriction to registered types. The type
values are still "anyURI" so that means
any URI can be used, whether or not it has been documented
("registered") by the OASIS TC group.

The documented ones can possibly be ones that implementers can
know about in advance, and perhaps leverage in some way(s).

David F.>>
"Your last paragraph:
	...someone can't use their own
	numbering system.
is exactly what I was afraid was happening."

Dale>> Parties can still bilaterally agree on a URI as the type
specifier,
such as:

urn:liveFreeOrDie:partyId:nonAligned

and happily use it. Software won't be able to check for impossible
values,
correlate using the identifier when used elsewhere, or check credit
and legal records.

So your paranoia is premature, IMO.