Subject: [ebxml-cppa] RE: [wssqop-discuss] CPPA ppt slides - WSDL mapping forCPP/CPA

Hi Dale,

Thanks for sending us your prsentation in advance.

Some questions/comments:

1) Has the ebXML Messaging/CPP/A TCs decided if and when they
will support WSDL mapping for CPP/A?

I consider CPP/CPA to be a super-set of WSDL since WSDL
provides binding and service information while CPP additionally
provides information about the participating web service
parties (e.g., role of an organization) in context of a
particular service as well error handling and other failure
scenarios.

2) Also, has any decision been made about creating WSDL extension
elements that reference CPA document?

It would be great if WSDL mapping for ebXML CPP/CPA is supported
in ebXML v3. However, I understand that a dependency on a more
complete WSDL v. 1.2 spec may be a factor in including WSDL
support in v3.

The reason of my inquiry is the following. If/when ebXML Messaging
decides to support SOAP message-level security using OASIS WSS
(e.g., for carrying encrypted and signed payloads and to carry
SAML Tokens) and if/when ebXML CPA documents can be referenced via
WSDL documents, I think we may have a subset of the solution
required for WSDL-centric security policy managment for OASIS
WSS message security features.

However, it is desirable to support interoperable security
policies for all OASIS WSS features, not just a subset.

Lastly, my sense is that such future standards work may require
some consolidation in terms of development such that it could be
re-used in various standards (and most importantly non-ebXML
web services applications that may use WSS).

thanks,
Zahid Ahmed
Commerce One, Inc.