Subject: [ebxml-cppa] IBM submits updated IPR disclosure.

Hi,

My thanks to Chuck Adams of IBM who sent OASIS and our TC an updated
version
of IBM's IPR statement. While the web site will be updated soon with the
new, and as you will see, improved language, I thought you may be
interested
in a crucial excerpt dealing with derivative works based on open source
licensing.

From the IPR sent today:

"IBM also supports the implementation of OASIS ebXML Collaboration
Protocol
Profiles (CPP's) and Collaboration Protocol Agreements (CPA's) Versions
1
and 2 specifications, employing IBM essential claims, under the OSI
Certified Common Public License (CPL) for Open Source Software.  IBM
offers
a patent license to implementers of Open Source software.  Developers of
derivative improvements, subsequent distributors, and end users of  CPL
software, not incorporating additional IBM patent claims, obtain the
benefit of the CPL grant and will not require a patent license from
IBM."

Therefore the language made available to JSR 157 reference
implementations
that are open source has been extended to open source implementations in
general, and the benefit of the CPL grant may be used by developers
making
use of those APIs. Or at least that is how this non-lawyer summarizes
it.

Dale Moberg
OASIS ebXML CPPA TC chair