Subject: FW: [ebxml-cppa] PartyId proposal, modifications of ECOM proposal to consider.

Hi,

It appears that I did not forward this message to the list previously.

Here is the result of researching inquiries about fees and the used of
ISO6523 ICD list in PartyId/@type values within ebXML.

Thanks,

Dale Moberg

-----Original Message-----
From: Yukinori Saito [mailto:y-saito@ecom.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 4:45 AM
To: Dale Moberg
Cc: EDIgr)H.Sugamata; EDIgr)K.Mizoguchi; EDIgr)K.Wakaizumi; EDIgr)Takao;
EDIgr)Tamori
Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] PartyId proposal, modifications of ECOM
proposal to consider.

Dear Dale Moberg,
The followings are our comments to your question.
These comments are my colleagues comments who are experts at EDI and XML
in ECOM.

If some organizations would like to register their party codes to
ISO6523 ICD list, they should pay registration fees to BSI (British
Standard
Institute) who is managing registration and maintenance of ISO6523.
However, the usage or reference of ISO6523 ICD list doesn't require any
payment to users. In another word, every company or organization is not
necessary to pay any fees in case to use ISO6523 ICD list. As you know,
this ISO6523 ICD list is open to everyone at web site of
http://www.edira.org.

The followings are additional information about this issue. There is
some motion or movement toward charging of use of a code, for example,
Country code and Currency code standardized by ISO. But this is not
decided yet. We in Japan are strongly against this movement.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito