Subject: FW: cppa/ebbp 1/25/2005: Draft Working Text for CPPA Extensions (v2.1) for ebBP (v2.0)

For today's teleconference...

-----Original Message-----
From: Monica J. Martin [mailto:Monica.Martin@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 1:34 PM
To: Dale Moberg; Sacha Schlegel; Martin Sachs
Subject: cppa/ebbp 1/25/2005: Draft Working Text for CPPA Extensions
(v2.1) for ebBP (v2.0)

Dale,

Here is some draft working text for the extensions section of CPPA v2.1
errata. Since I don't have the actual document, I don't know where this
text would be located in your technical specification or the surrounding

sections (to provide some context to how this fits).  Comments welcome.
I've compiled from multiple ebBP and CPPA discussion sessions. Open
items left in yellow highlighted block text. I've also placed less
detailed, similar text in the working draft for ebBP. Thanks.

Handling Partner Roles
The mapping of the roles to the Business Transaction can vary between
Business Collaboration instances.  Roles MAY also map differently in a
Business Collaboration instance. For example, in an offer-counter offer
negotiation, a partner may be a requester or responder in the same
Business Collaboration.  Translating that to a CPA, the partner can
serve both (or multiple) roles of requester and responder. In the
negotiation example, the role mapping of the partner as requester MAY be

relevant to the role mapping when the same partner acts as the
responder.

In the CPA, this is handled by the choreography that includes specific
Business Transaction Activities. For example, the partner acts as the
initiator for a Send Counter Offer BTA.  In another Send Counter BTA,
the same partner is the responder. The choreography SHOULD be explicit
about this transition. Each defined BTA would have a separate Performs
even though the role reference remains the same.

In order to handle these role mappings (or bindings) as specified in the

ebXML Business Process Specification Schema (BPSS) v2.0, the business
service MUST map from the XXXCollaboration/@name value, where XXX is one

of Business-, Binary-, Multiparty- within the ebXML BPSS
ProcessSpecification element.

In this version of CPPA, the role mapping, via the Performs construct in

ebXML BPSS v2.0, MUST be handled by separate CollaborationRole elements,

each with a distinct role value as needed.

TBD on association of Role/@name with values in BPSS
href-based reference apparatus may require revision

Handling Operation Mapping
In CPPA and WSDL, service context SHOULD be concrete and MAY map to the
business services abstractly defined in the ebXML BPSS. In the CPPA,
extensions SHOULD be used to identify a concrete web service (WSDL)
endpoint. Where the relationship is explicit, the Action Context SHOULD
be used to map the web services endpoint identified in CPPA to the
corresponding BTA through the abstract operation (WSDL) name in the
ebXML BPSS.

Where the BPSS is used but the mapping is not explicitly defined, the
partners SHOULD manage the service mappings. Through a business service,

the OperationMapping could also be used to support Business Transactions

for EDI, UBL or others where different identification mechanisms are
used. It allows the binding of service and business endpoints.

TBD on more details when we see Counter Offer example.