Subject: ebCPPA 4/13/2007: XMI-ebBP or other-CPPA

Dale,
As a followup to today's CPPA discussion on any capabilities that should
be expressed in CPPA to enable references back to BPDM metamodel or use
of XMI, I've provided a previous ODETTE XML recommendation (~2003-2004)
regarding the use of UML-XMI-XML.  Previously I had detailed discussions
with Patrick Chable who helped develop this recommendation
(patrick.chable@mpsa.com).  The recommendation details the constraints
they applied to the use of these technologies to have a consistent
top-down approach for their global data model. Although the versions may
have changed, I would defer to Patrick and other OMG experts whether the
challenges have been resolved. If you look at the recommendation, they
developed an XMI subset definition, at least partially due to the
tooling interpretations of the specifications involved that lead to
inconsistent (or better yet, different) results. See:
http://www.odette.se/files/XML_Recommendation.doc

Thanks.