Subject: [ebxml-iic] 9/24/2002: Conformance Profiles - Four Levels

Jeff,
I like the four levels which gives the option for Message Order - or,
Profile 3, could become Profile 4, and optional.

Thank you.
Monica J. Martin
Program Manager
Drake Certivo, Inc.
208.585.5946

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Turpin [mailto:jturpin@cyclonecommerce.com]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 9:50 AM
To: ebxml-iic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-iic] Conformance Profiles

Here is another attempt at defining conformance profiles. I have reduced
the number of profiles to four. We can actually reduce it to three if we
remove Conformance Level/Profile 3 (MessageOrder). This can be lumped in
with other optional modules such as Ping/Pong and
StatusRequest/StatusResponse. Thoughts?

Conformance Level/Profile 1: Core Modules
                                Modules:
                                        a. Security Module
                                        b. Error Handling Module
                                        c. SyncReply Module

Conformance Level/Profile 2: Reliable Messaging Module (requires
Conformance Level/Profile 1: Core Modules)
                                Modules:
                                        a. AckRequested/Acknowledgment
                                        b. DuplicateElimination
                                Reliable Messaging Parameters/Behaviour:

                                        a. Retries
                                        b. Retry Interval
                                        c. TimeToLive
                                        d. PersistDuration
                                        e. syncReplyMode

Conformance Level/Profile 3: Message Order Module: (requires Conformance
Level/Profile 2: Reliable Messaging Module):
                                Modules:
                                        a. MessageOrder

Conformance Level/Profile 4: Multi-Hop Module: (requires Conformance
Level/Profile 1: Core Modules)

Jeff Turpin
Senior Software Engineer
Cyclone Commerce, Inc.