Subject: Votes needed ! and next meeting Monday 21

Title: IIC next meeting, and f-2-f London
All:

1. Minutes of last meeting attached.
BTW, is there anyone willing to take in charge the update of our Web page under the new Kave system?
I have not yet found time to do that.... (I would point to the right material to add/update.)

2. REMINDER: those of our members who have not voted yet
for the Basic Interop Test suite, as well as the EAN-UCC deplotyment guide,
please do so: we need 2/3 members for voting a TC spec.
Votes still missing:

Pete Wenzel
Jeff Eck.
Steve Yung,
Aaron Gomez
Tim Sakach
Mike Kass

3. Next IIC meeting: Monday Apr 21, 11am PT

Host: Fujitsu

Toll free: 1-877-801-2058

Intl Number:1-712-257-6652

Passcode: 309951

----------- Agenda:

(A)Wrapping up our TC specs, publishing and formatting issues,
references to associated material (e.g. test scripts docs).
By that date, we should have 4 TC specs.
- how to publicize this, leverage JMT, make OASIS press-release? (Monica)

(B). Update on OAG-NIST meeting Apr 15-17,
- feedback on presentation from Mike & Jacques on IIC testframework,
to be available on our site.

(C). TestFramework, using it  for more than MS testing:
- what is missing for extending to BPSS (Serm K., Tim S., Mike)
for testing Registry? for integrating CPPA?

(D)- Update on current Implementation work for the TestFramework:
        o TestFramework, update on implementation (Mike Kass, Tim Sakach)
        o status/availability of these efforts (ref implementation? open source?)
        o .NET adapters for ebXML: status.

(E)- Test Center initiatives of eBES, OAG-NIST, ECOM, and which role IIC could play :
        o recent interop tests from ECOM.
        o promoting IIC test suites / test framework? Act as coordination between these centers,
                e.g. for common interoperability baseline?

(F)- ebXML MS conformance test suites:
        o restarting the work on this: status, what remains to be done (Mike, Jacques).

IIC Conference Call Minutes: Monday, 7 April, 2003

Attendance:

Mike Kass (NIST)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Jeff Eck (GXS)
Steve Yung (Sun)
Pete Wenzel (SeeBeyond)
Tim Sakach (Drake Certivo)
Serm Kulvatunyou (NIST)

Minutes taker: Mike Kass

Agenda:
1. Status of the MS Basic Interoperability test suite (Mike, Monica, Steve Yung).
- Review / comments.
(spec should be in review period by then, for email vote end of week)
2. Status on AN Instance of Deployment Template, (Pete Wenzel / Thomas B.).
- in sync with Depl Template? (to vote next).
3. Other
- OAG meeting Apr 15-17, with presentation of IIC work in Testbed session.
- TestFramework: what is missing for extending to BPSS (Serm K., Tim S., Mike)
- TestFramework, update on implementation (Mike Kass, Tim Sakach)
- an IIC face-to-face at XML One in London May 5-8? (presentation of IIC work there also
at ebXML showcase)

Notes:

1. Status of the MS Basic Interoperability test suite

Negative Testing in Interoperability Tests:

Mike Kass had a question regarding the use of negative testing in interoperability,
since the goal is to demonstrate effective interoperability.  Pete Wenzel and
others pointed out that negative testing, while not used extensively, can and
is used in interoperability testing (e.g. to demonstrate "error handling"
interoperability).  So we'll remove the last parag in 1.3.5., as we don't do
negative "interop" tsets.

TimeToLive BIP parameter:

The group had a discussion on the usefulness of TimeToLive as a
Basic Interoperability Profile parameter.  Since TimeToLive is a computed value,
based upon two other BIP parameters (Retries & RetryInterval), it was determined
that it should be removed from the BIP parameter table in the specification.

Link to a Non-Normative CPA in BIP specification:

It was discussed whether it was necessary to include a link to an actual CPA
document in order to adequately describe MSH configuration in the specification.
It was determined that the current documentation (in particular the BIP parameter
table, with its XPath references to CPA content) is sufficient to describe MSH
configuration necessary for test cases, and that no reference to an actual CPA
is necessary in the BIP specification.

Interoperability Test Requirements in BIP Specification:

The issue of whether Test Requirements should be in the BIP specification was raised.
 Particularly, because the Test Cases are already documented in section 3.4 of
the specification.  Mike Kass pointed out that generally, Test Requirements are a
part of a Test Suite Specification document, and that Test Case descriptions do
not constitute Test Requirements.  In addition, Test Requirements are actual
test material, used by the Test Harness to facilitate profile testing, and to
document test cases.  It was agreed that Test Requirements would remain as part
of the BIP specification.

2. Status on EAN-UCC Instance of Deployment Template:

Jacques pointed out that the actual the EAN-UCC Deployment Guide does make
reference to ebXML MS 2.0 in its title, but NOT of the IIC Deployment Template 1.0,
and that this needs to be added  to the cover page of the document.
Similarly, the IIC Deployment Template 1.0 should make more explicit ref
to ebXML MS 2.0 in its title.
 Jacques also pointed out that, "blessing"
the EAN-UCC Deployment Guide also makes the IIC a potential "rubber stamp"
for other ebXML initiatives, and that other groups may approach IIC to promote
their template instances.

3. Other

ebXML MS V2.0 BIP and EAN-UCC Deployment Guide Voting
Both documents are in their review state right now, and will be voted upon
(via email) during/after their 5-day review period, which begin Monday evening.

Face-to-face will be announced for London, at the occasion of May 5-8 XML Europe.

Next IIC Conference Call:

Because of the OAG meeting at NIST on Monday, April 14, the next
IIC conference call will be the following Monday, the 21st of April.
Details will follow.