Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] [iic] 7/19/2004: Comments on Test Framework Document

Monica,

  Thanks for your comments.  I've incorporated your suggestions into the
revised Test Framework document that I hope to post Thursday evening.
Interesting about the PDF comments.. I cannot find out how to create the
comments doc that you did ( can't find the right option in my Acrobat
reader... ).
   In any event, here are my comments

Page 12: There is no section 3.5.5... [FIXED]
Page 14: Changed "opertion" to "test operation" throughout document.. to
avoid confusion with WSDL terminology
Page 15: Do we need to create a new section for "ebXML Testing" vs. a
generic document as a whole?  ...  I certainly think the ebXML schemas and
test material would be better off being in the ebXML MS Conformance Test
Suite document, likewise for ebXML Registry..etc...  But we do use ebXML MS
Testing as an "example" throughout the spec, so I"m not sure
Page 18:  Registry now can send notification messages.. can the Test
Framework handle that?  I think so.. If a Registry can be configured for
"immediate" notifications.. then I would think that we could treat
notifications as just another asyncronous message.
Page 28: Attachments may be business documents, not capable of being
interrogated....... I think that with the new MessageStore schema design,
XML message payloads can be interrogated just as thoroughly as any other
part of the message ( not true for GIF or other attachments.. they are not
stored, just logged with their ID
Page 47 - Fixed spelling
Page 68 - Needs an example -- will supply this
Page 81: ebBP request construction of logical business document from several
referenceable namespacess.. does Test Driver need to support this???  I do
not think so.  The test driver is an agnostic tool, not a reference
implemention of BSI
, plus we will be dictating content to a BPSS "Test Service", with
predefined documents, sent to predefined Test Service actions.. so I don't
see the need for a Test Driver to have to construct documents in this
manner.  Comments?
On the other hand, if the Test Driver functionality is to expand to .. say
read ANY BPSS instance document and be able to construct Test Cases, then
such a feature would be a requirement.
Page 85:  In ebBP testing, you may not know the format of a business
document until runtime ( OAG vs RN).  Can Test Framework handle that?  I
think so, we would just have to account for OAG "or"  RN in our scripting,
and branch accordingly from a <TestAssertion> that checks for one or the
other...
Page 194:  How willl we apply BP message/signal semantics to the Test
Framework?......  We will need to capture those semantics and transform them
into testing semantics and scenarios
Page 208: Spelling fixed
Page 212:  HTTP is an element in BPSS schema... perhaps Test Framework
should do the same...  Not a bad idea.. Currently "Transport" is very
restrictive as an enumerated type of "HTTP", "SMTP".. perhaps we should do
the same to accomodate versions as well.

*NOTE* - In my "massive mailing" of the latest Test Framework document, an
older version was emailed (21 June).  Your comments however, pertain just as
well as the new version.  I will be submiltting a new version to the OASIS
site tomorrow night (PDF) for review.  I apologize for post of the older
document.  The correct version is in the "group members" area on the OASIS
IIC site.  Again, it will be updated Thursday night with modifications per
your suggestions.

Cheers,
Mike