Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] W3C on test assertions

> Durand: As mentioned in today meeting,
> Doc from W3C giving interesting perspective on test assertions,
> \and more precisely on how they can be classified / grouped:
>
> Mike: that is co-signed by NIST !
>
> >The notion of Dimension of Variability is defined in one of the QA WG
> >document, FWIW: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-spec-variability-20040830/
>
> >The idea was that a particular test assertion is usually associated to a
> >particular class of product (as in the example ...  a
> >unique conformance requirement is translated in 2 TA, one for producers,
> >one for consumers), a particular profile, etc.

mm1: Jacques, if you look back at the 2002 OASIS Conformance TC
Committee Draft almost all the components of the variability
specification are included: conformance, levels, profiles, extensibility
assumptions, discretion in class of product, 'view', etc and
deprecation. And, NIST lead this previous effort. I think the outlined
abstractions and context are fairly similar if not the same. See
attached to make your own assessment. Thanks.

OASIS_Conformance_requirements-v1_March2002.pdf