Subject: [ebxml-jc] ebXML conference at Barcelona

ebXML chairs:

This is an FYI to let you know about something that OASIS staff is
working on. These are preliminary plans, and not yet ready for
announcement, but we thought that you should be aware of what we were
working towards.

In cooperation with IDEAlliance, the organizers of the XML Europe 2002
conference in Barcelona, and in conjunction with that conference, OASIS
will be sponsoring a full-day ebXML conference. The purpose of the
conference is to drive adoption of ebXML standards, particularly in
Europe. The ebXML conference program will be a combination of technical
presentations on the ebXML specs and presentations on case studies,
implementations, etc. Attendees of the XML conference will be able to
attend the ebXML conference as part of their XML conference
registration, and other attendees will be able to buy a pass for just
the ebXML track. Sometime in the near future we will be sending out
calls for presentations among your TC members, and will also be asking
for your help in identifying vendors and users who can talk about actual
implementations.

We're not sure which day the ebXML conference will be held. The XML
conference runs Tuesday through Thursday, with tutorials on Monday, and
the ebXML conference will overlap the XML conference on one of those
days. We also had plans for hosting OASIS TC meetings on Thursday and
Friday, but that may depend on what day we hold the ebXML conference.

Separately from the ebXML conference we are also attempting to set up a
joint architecture meeting with your counterparts from ebTWG. We're
having trouble coordinating this with ebTWG because they have meetings
in February and March in Seattle and Barcelona, and don't want to commit
to another meeting in Barcelona. We will continue to work on setting
this up.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations