Subject: More comments of the industry status report

Title: More comments of the industry status report

Team,

          I have had  a look at some of the supporting spreadsheet tables for the "Web Services Specifications: What About ebXML?" report and some more positives could equal be extracted - no company has said the will de-support any ebXML standard listed - several of the companies listed as interviewed are not really in the B2B space that we would define for ebXML and the list disclosed is not complete. (Primarily the vendor not users side)  I think taken with the other reports that were published in related areas that this one is one interpretation of a wide ranging survey of the deployment and take up of the full range of web service standards from the web services perspective and not necessarily a business need or functionality.  I also think that this is a "snapshot" view of who is supporting what - we are well aware that this may not be an accurate view of what is actually in use  - look at the size of some of the Healthcare and Government projects!

Ian Jones
Chair OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC
Email: ian.c.jones@bt.com