ebxml-msg-as4 message

Subject: Agenda for July 21 meeting

Agenda for today's AS4 call:

The genesis of the AS4 idea was a series of technical discussions in the spring of 2007 between a set of industry-leading B2B vendors.  A set of general consensus items was loosely agreed upon that described a general way to do B2B doc exchange using Web services.  This was prior to the group finding a standards body home for the initiative, and prior to becoming a subcommittee of ebMS.

As suggested in the last meeting, perhaps we should take a few minutes to see if any of these consensus items need to be re-discussed.  Dale Moberg had an item he thought we should take another look at, and that will be our first agenda item.

(1) Re-visit "all payloads must be transmitted as SOAP attachments".  Dale would like to discuss if AS4 could support payloads in the SOAP body.
(2) Ian had previously raised the question about only support SOAP 1.1.  Should we support SOAP 1.2 as well?

Here's a list of some other consensus items we haven't talked alot about yet.  Let's see if any need to be re-opened for discussion:
  • Multiple document payloads will be supported
  • Payload compression will be supported, and must occur prior to attaching the document and prior to any message-level security
  • Support for message-level security including various combinations of XML Dsig and/or XML Encryption as governed by WS-Security
  • X.509 security tokens and detached signatures only