Subject: Re: T2, Proposed solution for ... Re: SyncReply andReliableMessagingMethod in QualityOfServiceInfo

Duplicate detection is essential if retries are permitted.  A retry may
result in a duplicate message if the To party received it but the From
party did not receive the ACK.

By the say, here is one possible way to protect against the To party
receiving the message but the From party never receives any ACKs.  Perhaps
once could define that if the To party receives N copies of the same
message, where N is the number of permitted retries, that something is
badly wrong and the To MSH should not deliver the message.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center