Subject: Re: T2 PLEAE READ - Suggested solution to RM Issues

Dan,

I agree almost completely.

We certainly can't get into specifying the messaging protocol between B and
C if that interaction is not according to ebXML.  However, if we expect
reliable messaging to work between A and D while B and C are using a
different protocol, we still have to say something about what is expected
of B and C and their interaction in order to support reliable messaging
between A and D.  To repeat the example from IBM's HTTPR that I have
already given a couple of times: "It is assumed that intermediaries store
and forward messages reliably." If we do not state the assumptions on the
intermediaries, all bets are off as to whether reliable messaging works
across the intermediaries.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs