Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] New Example

David:

This is related to open issue 95 that we probably will discuss next Monday.

Regards,
-Arvola

----

 IssueID 95 Request Date 9/16/2001
 Request Source e-mail
 Change Type MinorTechnical Disposition Undecided Disposition Date
 Requested By Dan Weinreb Email dlw@exceloncorp.com
 Source Reference:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-msg/200109/msg00224.html
 Issue Make an ebXML message without any payload a standard SOAP message

 The MS spec seems to say that an ebXML message is always represented
 as a MIME multipart/related entity.  There does not seem to be an
 exception for the case where there are zero payload containers: in
 such a case it looks like an ebXML message MUST be expressed as a MIME
 multipart with only one part.  Is that right?

 I mention this because I was looking at Sun's JAXM EA2 implementation,
 and it seems to have logic saying that if it finds itself generating a
 SOAP-with-attachments message with zero attachments, it uses the
 original SOAP format, which does not use MIME multipart.  This means
 that if you asked it to generate an ebXML message for which there are
 no payload containers, what it would generate would not be ebXML MS
 compliant.

 I brought this up with the JAXM group and got this response:

    Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:04:12 -0700
    From: Nicholas Kassem <nick.kassem@sun.com>

    Dan,

    Once again thanks for your input. I believe I now understand your point.
In
    the JAXM context I don't think we will gain much by dwelling on the
    *interpretation* of the numerous relevant specs.  The key issue is what
is
    the canonical form of an ebXML 1.0 message in cases where there is only
one