Subject: [ebxml-msg] Re: Comments on the 1.09 about MessageOrder

Doug,

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:44:32 -0800
Doug Bunting <dougb62@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think this change would disallow using the Message Order feature with an
> underlying reliable communications protocol.  Duplicate elimination is
> necessary at the MSH level regardless of the reliability of the
> communications protocol because that protocol can't know what duplicates
> "matter".  However, retries ensuring the message got to the destination can
> be done below the MSH level.
>
> The problem with this change is really our convention Once-and-Only-Once
> means the MSH level is doing everything.  If we made it more clear this
> could include reliable communication protocols to get to the same
> reliability, I'd be fine with this change.

How about following definition for Once-and-Only-Once?

  P. 49, Line 2009.
    The MessageOrder element MUST be used with the duplicateElimination
    attribute set to true.

    The MessageOrder element MUST be used with delivery behavior of
    Once-and-Only-Once. In the specification, the Once-and-Only-Once
    delivery behavior means that two conditions below are satisfied at
    same time:

    1) No lost message by one of following two mechanisms
        - Reliable messaging described in "7.5 ebXML Reliable Messaging
          Protocol". It means that the messages includes AckRequested
          element or Acknowledgment element.
        - Reliable communication protocol
    2) No duplicate message by the mechanism described in "7.5.6
       Duplicate Message Handling". It means that duplicateElimination
       attribute is set to true.

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED