Subject: [ebxml-msg] Re: Comments on the 1.09 about signed AcknowledgementMessage

David,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:39:53 -0600
David Fischer <david@drummondgroup.com> wrote:
> Very Good, I will add a specific requirement for a ds:Signature element in a
> signed Acknowledgment Message.

Thank you. In addition, can I ask you to clear the description about
ds:Reference element in 4.1.4.2? As Doug Bunting and I mentions, it
seems not clear.

     4.1.4.2 Persistent Signed Receipt
     An ebXML Message that has been digitally signed MAY be acknowledged
     with an Acknowledgment Message that itself is digitally signed in
     the manner described in the previous section. The Acknowledgment
     Message MUST contain a ds:Reference element list consistent with
     those contained in the ds:Signature element of the original message.
                                                         (P. 28, v1.091)

Is the second sentence in the description above applied to ds:Reference
element in ds:Signature element? Or applied to ds:Reference element in
Acknowledgment element? Or applied to both? I believe it should be
applied to only ds:Reference element in Acknowledgment element, but it's
not clear in the description.

In the specification, there is no any description about how to create
ds:Reference element in Acknowledgment element except for the
description in 4.1.4.2. Thus if we does not clear the description,
audience can't know how to create ds:Reference element in Acknowledgment
element.

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED