Subject: Re: Fw: [ebxml-msg] Re: [ebxml-cppa] Re: v. 2.0 ebXML xsd schemadirectory

I've submitted a report to the W3C using the
"broken URI" tool:

The information you submitted has been sent to the W3C Webmaster
Thank you for your interest in our web site

Email:                           chris.ferris@sun.com
Originating URL:                 http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd
Forbidden Page:                      http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd
Comments:                        The schema document at the URI
http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd indicates that the permanent URI of
the current resource will be at the forbidden URI address. It would
seem to me that the URI    http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd has incorrect
access control applied  to it.  From the comments within the schema:
"In keeping with the XML Schema WG's  standard versioning policy, this
schema  document will persist at    http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd.
At the date of issue it can also be found at
http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd. The schema document at that URI may
however  change in the future, in order to remain  compatible with
the latest version of XML Schema itself.  In other words, if the
XML Schema namespace changes, the version of this document  at
http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd  will change accordingly; the version
at    http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd  will not change."

In the meanwhile, I suggest that the URI which *can* be accessed
be referenced.

Cheers,

Chris