Subject: [ebxml-msg] Jan 14 Call Minutes

Apologies for the slow posting of these minutes.

The full copy in word format has been posted to the web site at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/minutes/TeleConference_01_14_
2002.doc

A simple text equivalent follows.

Minutes of Conference call January 14 2002

Attendees:
Ralph Berwanger
David Burdett
Doug Bunting
Arvola Chan
Sanjay Cherian
David Fischer
Colleen Evans
Chris Ferris
Ian Jones
Kazunori Iwasa
Dale Moberg
Bruce Pedretti
Jeff Turpin
Prasad Yendluri

Quorum is present.

Agenda:

1) Vote to allow e-mail ballots
2) Vote to accept all currently returned Ballots as acceptable
3) Vote of thanks to David Fischer for his work and his company for support
4) Discuss and pass a resolution on the removal of inactive members
eligibility.
5) What next ?
	Call for companies to implement - appoint a co-ordinator to mange
feedback etc.,
	Next version,
	Mange the submission to OASIS
6) AOB

Minutes

Motion to allow e-mail ballots to be acceptable votes for this TC proposed
by Colleen.
No objections - motion passed.
(Chairs Note:  This is motion was used to conform with the OASIS Technical
Committee Process as defined at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml specifically section 1
(n). Conduct of TC Business by Mail.)

Motion to accept all e-mails ballot so far returned as valid for voting of
the approval or not of version 2.0 of the Messaging Service specification
proposed by Doug.
No objections - motion passed.

Motion of thanks to David Fischer for all his work on preparing the
specification proposed by Ian.
No objections - Motion Passed.
Thank you very much David.

Ian informed meeting that thanks for David's time and effort had already
been sent to the Drummond Group.

Quorum lost at this point. No further votes were possible.

Discussion on membership eligibility came to consensus on the requirements
to regain eligibility would be by attending 2 meetings without requiring a
formal request to the chair.  Also that retrospective apologies would be
accepted at the discretion of the chair.  Two proposals were suggested the
first was to follow the example of others
Where missing a 2nd consecutive meeting automatically removes eligibility
The second was to send a second warning via the list as a reminder if no
response to the first e-mail to give people a second chance due to people
using multiple e-mail addresses.

(Chairs Noet:  After re-reading the membership section again for the nth
time the above proposals are already covered in the process. Which states:
A member shall be warned by mail from the chair of the TC upon their first
failure to attend two out of every three successive meetings of the TC.
Membership shall be terminated if the member fails to attend the next
meeting following transmittal of the warning or if the member consistently
fails to attend two out of every three meetings.)

In light of the above the chair will re-impose these strict guidelines
whenever a formal meeting is called.  (This needs definition - propose any
meeting with at least 14 days notice - i.e. we agree a schedule of future
meetings.  This is not defined in the TC Process) We used to only declare
voting meetings to be required attendance.

Discussion on what to do next and how we should organise started especially
in light of comments from Chris and Doug about errors in the Version 2.0
specification currently being balloted which they have raised on the list.
This will be the focus of the next call.

Arrangement for the next conference call were made - see below.

Ian closed the meeting with thanks to everyone for attending at short notice
and for their efforts to deliver the proposed specification.

Appeal  everyone please consider what we need to achieve over the next 2
months to be able to submit a specification to the standards process and
bring them to the meeting or post them to the list.   Also please consider
volunteering to help to run and mange the process, we MUST split the editor
and secretary roles, we are asking too much of the generosity of David and
his company.

Next Meeting
Tuesday January 22nd 1:00p.m. Eastern, 10:00a.m. Pacific, 6:00p.m. GMT/UTC
Iwasa offered to host  call - Thank you.

Details already posted to the list by Iwasa

The next teleconference is scheduled as follows: