Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] FW: [security-services] Call for work item owners

Dale,

Thanks for the information.  I am not conversant enough in the SAML
details to add value to this work item but do agree it is very useful.
If I can find someone at Sun who knows both ebXML Messaging and SAML in
detail (and has some time ;), I will suggest they work with you and Matt.

thanx again,
	doug

On 18-Aug-03 18:01, Dale Moberg wrote:

> Both.
>
> The SAML TC had a task to say how to carry SAML assertions within ebMS.
> So while doing that task for them we would prepare to do the second task
> you mentioned. I think the second task would show suggested/recommended
> ways to use SAML within ebMS to achieve authentication.
>
> I am not certain about the official procedures to do this. I plan to
> join Matt and just ask Eve M. how she wants us to proceed. I thought we
> would  just meet and then submit a draft to them for review and
> discussion. The sample SOAP binding/profile document has detailed info
> on how to produce the required specification.
>
> Are you interested in helping the SAML group with this task?
>
> Thanks,
> Dale

SunNetwork 2003 Conference and Pavilion
"An unparalleled event in network computing! Make the net work for you!"

WHEN:  September 16-18, 2003
WHERE: Moscone Center, San Francisco

For more information or to register for the conference, please visit:
http://www.sun.com/sunnetwork