Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] RE: [wsi_secprofile] RE: FW: WSS27 issue

Martin,

The dsig:Signature element the specification (2.0) presently describes
includes three transformations.  No transform URIs that are not in the XML
Digital Signature recommendation, just:

<Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#enveloped-signature"/>
<Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116";>
   <XPath> not (
ancestor-or-self::()[@SOAP:actor="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-msg:actor:nextMSH"]

ancestor-or-self::()[@SOAP:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next";]
)
   </XPath>
</Transform>
<Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315"/>

We are hoping to migrate to using a WSS Signature with 3.0 and, I believe,
could use very different transformations that result in a similar set of
successful validations.  Your earlier suggestion of ignoring all headers
except those without a soap:actor attribute or identifying the ultimate
destination with that attribute is a good one that I think we could
incorporate, for example.

thanx,
	doug