Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] AS4 issues

Hi Pim

On 01 Nov 2011, at 4:17 PM, Pim van der Eijk wrote:

<snip>
> 10- Guidelines on values for mpc (message partition channel) attributes.  Pullrequests do not have ebMS metadata, so a partner that sends documents to multiple partners using Pull mode must assign them to different channels, unless we want to require support for the "selective pulling" feature of Part 2 in ebMS.

Agreed.

> 11-  Support for Two Way MEPs.   This is not needed for EDIINT,  but in essence allowing an MSH to set the value for RefToMessageId adds minimal complexity to an implementation.   It allowsAS4 to be used also for SOA-style, request/response interactions.

Why not N-way MEPs covering multiple legs (or a complete B2B business process conversation) ?

Then an issue that has come up with interop testing with the JEITA system is a question on whether the application message must be in the soap envelope body part, or as an attachment - I can't find anything specific on this in either the AS4 spec or in the core spec...
--
Regards
Theo