Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] Servers supporting the Minimal Client

I understand the need to implement a minimal AS4 client, without SwA (so pure SOAP).  When using pure SOAP, the implementation is less complex.
SwA is less adopted worldwide, compared to pure SOAP.  So I would suggest to keep the option of pure SOAP available (the web service can be exposed via WSDL) for lightweight implementations.

Toon Vanhoutte
Integration Architect – Competence Manager – Microsoft Certified Trainer | Codit
M +32 479 90 51 15  |  E toon.vanhoutte@codit.eu
W www.codit.eu  |  Blog blog.codit.eu  |  www.integrationcloud.eu

-----Original Message-----
From: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Pim van der Eijk
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:40 AM
To: Makesh Rao (marao); ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Makesh,

Yes it would be about forcing Simple SOA (no SwA) message formats only and Body packaging for a single uncompressed XML payload only.  This constraint does not exist today.

Alternatively and perhaps a simpler solution,  we could officially require the use of SwA for messages without attachments.  Then any exchange that involves those messages can be processed by a minimal client.

Pim