egov-infra message

Subject: Re: [egov-infra] RE: [egov] OASIS e-GOV TC : LIAISONS

Could I persuade you to add "global uniqueness" to that list?

There have been many relevant discussions in ebXML and UDDI.  We
reviewed the work of Michael Mealling which was hgenerally thought to be
a good fit (uning urn style identifiers for UUID/GUID's).

/d

Marc LeMaitre wrote:

>John et al,
>
>I would like to add one more OASIS TC with which I believe the e-Gov TC
>needs a liaison point.
>
>The OASIS XRI TC (eXtensible Resource Identifier) is currently in the
>latter stages of specifying a scheme for identifying and resolving both
>network and non-network resources using fully abstracted identifiers.
>
>I believe that the most relevant aspects of XRIs will be their:
>
>*	Abstraction and Independence
>*	Persistence and Reassignability
>*	Human-friendliness and Machine-friendliness
>*	Cross-Context Identification
>*	Authority, Delegation, and Federation
>*	Security and Privacy
>*	Extensibility

Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Web Services & ebXML Messaging / Registry Downloads
Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
Phone:   +1 (604) 738-1051 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time
Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329