egov-infra message

Subject: RE: [egov-infra] RE: [egov] OASIS e-GOV TC : LIAISONS

Duane et al,

To answer your question: A fully qualified URI is considered to be
globally unique, XRIs are conformant URIs (per RFC 2396) then through
transitivity a fully qualified XRI is also globally unique. So, to
answer your question directly, we have been persuaded and thanks for the
feedback.

If you want to find out more it's explained in the motivations and
requirements document linked in my original email.

If you or any other member of this TC wishes to have an introduction to
XRIs and how they solve some of the sticky problems of persistent,
cross-context, cross reference-able abstract identifiers then I will be
happy to accommodate.

Thanks

Marc

TC