egov-ms message

Subject: Re: [egov-ms] OASIS eGOV MS : NEW GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS

On 3/16/2010 3:44 PM, Daniel.E.Turissini.(Affiliate).ORC1000000106.ID
wrote:
> Unfortunately, no single entity in the U.S. Government has been
> willing to take on the responsibility for successful implementation of
> a citizen-focused Electronic Government envisioned in the E-Government
> Act of 2002, and until that happens the promises and benefits of
> E-Government and E-Commerce in the United States will remain largely
> unachieved.

Well said.  At least part of the failure in the U.S. can be
laid at the feet of "let the market implement," or "public-
private partnership" concepts.  What is really needed is
public-public partnerships combined with eID and
EVcert mandates/funding.

Today, we can look to Europe and CJK for leadership
in this area.  Hopefully one of the results of this group
will be a better understanding of these implementations
and associated policies.

--tony