egov-registry message

Subject: RE: [egov-registry] Registering schema components

Title: RE: [egov-registry] Registering schema components
I had sort of taken this as a given. My only question is what about entering only metadata? If the component is not serialized as XML Schema (or whatever) until *output* from the regrep, what goes into the repository? Anything? My understanding is that something has to go there.

Regards

Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: Nikola Stojanovic [mailto:Nikola.Stojanovic@RosettaNet.org]
Sent: 16 July 2004 22:29
To: Egov-Registry

<Carl>
IMHO the RegRep should allow 'the component to into the repository' and
the registry should contain the derived metadata.
Assuming that, the RegRep interface will allow the 'user' (human or their
agent) to exploit both the metadata (at all levels of granularity) and the
artifact (as-in its original form).
</Carl>

+1

Regards,