Subject: [egov] OASIS e-GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

Thanks to all those who participated in the first TC meeting.   I was very encouraged by the willingness of everybody to tackle what is without doubt a very large agenda.   The immediate papers and actions arising from that meeting are as follows:

Minutes
Attached are the minutes of the meeting.   We will post these on the TC website shortly.  If anybody wishes for corrections to be made could they please let me have them as soon as possible.

Charter
Attached is a revised version of the TC Charter taking into account the comments made at the meeting.  Unless I hear to the contrary by 10 January, I will take this as agreed and post it on the TC website.

Sub-committees
We have 3 sub-committees ready to start work so can you please let me know which of these you wish to participate in by 10 January.  You can of course participate in  more than one if you really want to!
- Services, chair is Diane Lewis
- ebXML/Web Services, chair is Marion Royal
- Best Practice, chair is me
The chairs will let you know in due course the arrangements for their first SC meetings.
If there are volunteers to chair the Languages and Barriers sub-committees please let me know.

Issues/concerns
Could you let me have a note of any issues and concerns about the workings of the TC that you would like me to add to the Issues Register.  The Register will be posted on the website and will be reviewed at each TC.

Future TC meetings
We did discuss the possibility of the next TC meeting being in San Jose in the first week of March.  Unfortunately I cannot make that so I propose the next meeting is held on 12 March in Washington.   I already have an offer of accommodation for that session.

Thereafter I would propose TC meetings as follows:
7 May in London - to coincide with XML Europe 2003
23 July - location tbd
29 October - location tbd
Views on this proposed schedule would be appreciated.

I think that's all for now but if I've missed anything please let me know.

Wishing you all a very successful 2003.

Regards,
John