Subject: Re: [ekmi] RE: Point of clarification on OASIS process

Hi Mary,

The core problem here is a fundamental lack of due diligence. You said:
"Based on my conversations the co-proposers are very much aware of the
existing work and feel that their needs can best be met by forming a new
technical committee." For this to be true, then the proposers of the new
charter would have had to have spoken with the EKMI TC to determine if
they were, in fact, better off going their own way. That they have
stated to you that they believe their work is better off independent is
not adequate, and should not be acceptable to OASIS, given that the KMIP
founders never spoke to the EKMI TC, nor have they actively participated
in the EKMI TC. How do they know that their work is so incompatible
without having a conversation?

This proposed charter for KMIP has not been adequately researched. Due
diligence has not been performed. As such, OASIS should not allow the TC
to form until these concerns have been addressed. If OASIS does not do
so, then it creates a situation where two OASIS TCs may end up doing
identical work, creating more confusion than already exists in this
area. I find it unsettling that OASIS would strongly defend an
improperly vetted charter that goes against the very mission of the
organization.

Thank you,

-ben

--
Benjamin Tomhave, MS, CISSP
falcon@secureconsulting.net

[ Random Quote: ]
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is,
never try."
Homer Simpson