Subject: RE: Leaving OASIS

Hi all,

  First, let me express my sincere thanks to Arshad for his dedicated
service to OASIS over the past few years - you have been a leader, a mover
and a shaker for as long as I have had the pleasure to know you. While I
still hope you will reconsider, please know that you will be sorely missed.

  Secondly, there is no provision for a Secretary to act in a Chair's stead.
Without a Chair, the only action a TC can take is to elect a new Chair.
Arshad may I respectfully suggest that you remain as Chair and hold an
election for a new chair before stepping down? If you prefer not to, I will
send a call for nominations and then conduct the ballot. You may either hold
the election as part of a TC meeting or it can be conducted via electronic
ballot. You do not need to be a voting member to run for Chair, but only
voting members can cast a ballot (there are currently 6 voting members). An
electronic ballot must remain open for a minimum of 7 days and votes can be
changed at any time as long as the ballot is open.

  Please let me know if you need any assistance, and again, thank you Arshad
for all your efforts.

All the best,

Mary