Subject: [Fwd: MIP Kickoff Meeting Minutes]

EKMI TC:

The KMIP TC officially launched today. The meeting minutes have been
posted and are available to the public (link below).

I've been voted in as the liaison to the EKMI TC from the KMIP TC. While
this may be ok in the short-term, I do have a potential concern as at
least one individual on the KMIP TC holds strong negative sentiments
towards me directly, as was represented by his vocal abstention from
voting on the EKMI liaison in general, and on my role in particular.

Toward that end, I'd like to open discussion to see if anybody from EKMI
would be interested in joining KMIP and being put forward as the liaison?
The main requirement is to be a member of both committees.

I believe this role will be very important in the coming weeks. Sun is
moving to position their XML key mgmt standard in both .3 and KMIP. I've
been told that .3 has already agreed to adopt KMIP as their binary/wire
format. KMIP is also looking at KeyProv for secure key distribution.

This all being said, certain leaders from KMIP have indicated strong
support for this committee and the work undertaken. Now would be a good
time to reinvigorate efforts. It's time to find vendors to implement the
protocol so that we can move beyond the Community Draft phase.

If someone is interested in the liaison slot, then let's discuss with the
chair and work on the motion in KMIP. It may also be appropriate to
nominate this person to be the EKMI rep to KMIP.

Thank you,

-ben