Subject: SKSML Message Integrity and Confidentiality

Hi all,
   during the development of SKSML v1.0, there was a mandatory
dependence on the SOAP/WS-Security layer to provide the integrity and
confidentiality needs. I had made some observations that this can be
updated to include other modes such as mutually authenticated TLS or
just plain xml over a transport in situations requiring lower levels of
trust (say within a protected environment).  Anyway, the keys returned
are REQUIRED to be encrypted, irrespective of existence of a SOAP/WSS layer.

Since we will be going to public review 02 of the specification to
include WSDL, xsd changes etc, I would like to introduce the concept of
profiles into the specification, requiring a SOAP profile for
compliance. But implementations should be able to provide other forms
(mutual TLS or plain xml over a transport) as add-ons.

Please share your thoughts?

Regards,
Anil