Subject: Simple Binding using xmlsig and xmlenc

Hi TC members,
I want to continue the discussion on bindings from last week. As we have
been discussing, it makes sense to have bindings associated with the
specification - currently, we have identified the
- Soap Binding
- Mutual TLS Binding

In addition to this, I am wondering if we should add in a simple binding
with xml signature and encryption. It just reuses the concepts from the
soap-wss binding and tls binding. We need to consider message integrity
and confidentiality.

Now, in simple binding, a request for a key would look as follows:
=================

<ekmi:SymkeyRequest
xmlns:ekmi=”http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/2008/01";>
<ds:Signature xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#";>
<ds:SignedInfo>...
</ds:SignedInfo>
</ds:Signature>
<ekmi:GlobalKeyID>10514-0-0</ekmi:GlobalKeyID>
</ekmi:SymkeyRequest>

The key response would look something like this:
<ekmi:SymkeyResponse
xmlns:ekmi='http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/2008/01'
xmlns:xenc='http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#'>
<ds:Signature xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#";>
<ds:SignedInfo>...
</ds:SignedInfo>
</ds:Signature>

<ekmi:Symkey>
<xenc:CipherData>
<xenc:CipherValue>
E9zWB/y93hVSzeTLiDcQoDxmlNxTuxSffMNwCJmt1dIqzQHBnpdQ81g6DKdkCFjJM
hQhywCx9sfYjv9h5FDqUiQXGOca8EU871zBoXBjDxjfg1pU8tGFbpWZcd/ATpJD/2fw
UJow/qimxi8+huUYJMtaGHtXuLlWtx27STRcRpIsY=
</xenc:CipherValue>
</xenc:CipherData>
</ekmi:Symkey>
</ekmi:SymkeyResponse>

The integrity is checked via the xml signature where as the keys are
encrypted using xml encryption as before. This binding allows
implementations to operate in a secure protected environment.

Regards,
Anil