Subject: US Voting System Standards - draft available online

The text listed below was sent out today by the US Federal Election
Commission's Office of Election Administration. The Voting System Standards
contain much information that may be useful to the committee. This is *not*
intended to suggest that the committee only consider US voting systems or
requirements. I'm simply not aware of any voting system standards for other
countries being available online. If anyone is aware of such a thing,
please send us a link.

The FEC press release is online at http://www.fec.gov/press/062801nvra.html

-Thom

-----

The Federal Election Commission has released for comment the draft updated
performance standards for computer based voting systems. You can access the
Overview for these standards at
http://www.fec.gov/pages/standardsoverview.htm The Overview provides a link
to the draft standards themselves.

We are seeking comments on the draft standards, but not on the Overview.
The deadline for comments will be 60 days after our Federal Register notice
is published.