Subject: Vote on Change of Deliverables Schedule for OASIS E.V.S. TC

Title: Vote on Change of Deliverables Schedule for OASIS E.V.S. TC

At our first meeting a standing rule was established to allow the committee to conduct business and vote via email (see the minutes of the May 15, 2001 meeting).  If you joined the committee after June 2, 2001 then you are a voting member.  Only votes from legitimate voting members will be counted.  As such we can conduct a vote on the following matter:

ISSUE: Adoption of the change in the schedule of deliverables from that established at the first and subsequent meetings.

The deliverable schedule was proposed to be implemented in phases which is still the case.  However it was deemed necessary at the July 24, 2001 meeting to alter that schedule in order to promote the standard by getting results out to the industry more quickly. Since not all voting members were in attendance, please respond to this vote, whether you were in attendance or not, by 12:01 AM on August 9, 2001.  The vote will be passed by a simple majority.  I have outlined the issues from the minutes of the last meeting.  Please read the entire minutes of the meeting by going to our website:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/election/

Please respond by replying to this message with a "YES" to accept the changes as proposed or "NO" to reject the proposal and continue with the original schedule.

<minutes>
Phase I
XML Schemas for the following areas:
Ballot Delivery
Vote Returns
Election Notification
Voter Application
New Voter Registration
Results Reporting
Committee Statement for the following area:
Security
The deliverables will be ready for OASIS vote September 14th.
Previously, security, authentication, authorization, auditing, and accessibility were part of the first deliverable scheduled for November 15th. The committee decided that it would be best to focus mostly on the XML schemas rather than on issues that are not directly related to data interchange. The committee decided that our thoughts on security should be noted, as they will be built upon in the future.

The committee agreed with Dan's suggestion that ultimately the schemas should probably be registered with such repositories as xml.org and biztalk.org. Anwar suggested the govtalk repository and to ultimately tie the committee's work with the w3c.

Gregg will send an email to the mailing list so those committee members that didn't attend the meeting can vote on the new deliverables.

</minutes>

Please respond by replying to this message with a "YES" to accept the changes as proposed or "NO" to reject the proposal and continue with the original schedule by August 9, 2001 12:01 AM.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Gregg McGilvray
Chief Technical Strategist
gregg@election.com
1001 Franklin Ave