Subject: Re: OASIS EVS TC Nominations for Chair

Gregg:

Should nominees be sent directly to you or posted to the entire list?

<<< "McGilvray, Gregg" <gregg@election.com>  8/15 10:13a >>>
I have found it necessary to step down as the Chairman of the OASIS Election
and Voter Service Technical Committee.  I will however continue to be active
in the committee. I will explain further at the August 21, 2001 meeting.

I would like to open up the nomination process immediately to be concluded
at the August 21, 2001 meeting.  At that time we will begin the voting.  I
would like to conduct the vote at the meeting to be concluded by August 29,
2001 at 12:01 AM EDT if quorum has not been met or no clear winner is
determined. We will keep the polls open until the 29th if there is anyone
who does not wish to vote at the meeting.  Quorum will be 50%   1 of the
eligible voting members.  A winner will be determined by a simple majority
of those voting.  Please review this procedure and if there are any
questions or objections please post a message on the mail list which can be
accessed from the EVS TC website:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/election/

If no one accepts a nomination then I will continue in the capacity as Chair
until such time as someone wishes to assume this duty.

As of August 15, 2001 there are 20 voting members of the committee.  A
quorum of 11 members will be needed to conduct the vote.  I have listed the
voting members below.  If your name is not on the list please contact me.  I
you do not wish to remain an active member or do not wish to be a voting
member please contact me and I will remove you from the voter roll.

Voting Members as of August 15, 2001

Oliver	Bell
John	Borras
Tim	Bovee