Subject: RE: [election-services] High-Level Process Model

TJ,

At 9:34 am -0500 4/12/01, TJ Rainsford wrote:

>My only comment at the moment is the Audit section of the process.  I
>wonder if there is not multiple audit points throughout the process
>(i.e. Audit of voter rolls; audit during candidate certification prior
>to ballot production; audit of final tally).  Perhaps I am just opening
>yet another proverbial "can of worms" but I think the auditability of
>the system is critical to it acceptance in a democratic election
>process.
>
>Thoughts, comments?

I agree that auditability is vital. However do we need to define new
datasets for this or just define an interface/process for accessing
ones we have already identified?

regards,
Jason

--
the FREE e-democracy project - http://www.free-project.org
   secure, private & reliable free software for e-democracies