Subject: [election-services] FW: Elections using Java - reference info

This email was sent to the comments mail list but rejected.  I am passing it along.

Gregg McGilvray
Chief Technical Strategist
election.com, Inc.
gregg@election.com
1001 Franklin Ave
Garden City, NY  11530
+1 516 248 7493

-----Original Message-----
From: buckbaboon [mailto:buckbaboon88@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2002 12:09 AM
To: election-services-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Elections using Java - reference info

I came across your web page and it jogged my memory about some info I found during the last election, which whetted my interest in the subject.  You might be interested in referring to some of this since it clearly represents a great deal of technical research on this subject.  If you're interested, please see:

The Association of Electronic Voting Systems
A consortium of companies has been set up develop software for the system. The members of the consortium passed competitive tests and were selected by the Japanese government. The consortium consists of The Center for Political Public Relations Inc., NTT Data Corporation, and Victor Data Systems Co. Ltd.
http://www.evs-j.com/English/introduction.htm

Cryptography and Information Security Group Research Project: Electronic Voting (java)
http://www.toc.lcs.mit.edu/~cis/voting/voting.html
NTT-Sponsored Research in Cryptography and Information Security, and Algorithm Development
http://www.toc.lcs.mit.edu/~cis/ntt/home.html
Receipt-Free Electronic Voting Schemes for Large Scale Elections
Tatsuaki Okamoto NTT Laboratories Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/129743.html

Electronic voting systems like the one newly developed by Victor Data Systems Co., Ltd. (a subsidiary of JVC) have already streamlined voting for national and regional elections in the US, Brazil, Holland, the Philippines and Belgium. More than a dozen other countries are currently testing such a solution prior to implementation, and a further ten countrie Yahoo! Greetings - send greetings for Easter, Passover