Subject: [election-services] Re: OASIS EVS TC: EML VERSION 3 VOTE

Just a reminder to those who haven't yet voted that there's only a coupe of days left.   Please cast your votes so we don't have to have a re-run.

BTW  I vote to ACCEPT.

John

John Borras

07/02/2003 12:19

        To:        Election Services Committee (E-mail), Angus Ward (E-mail) <award@essvote.com>, Bruce Elton (E-mail) <bruce.elton@oracle.com>, Jo-Ann Zakielarz (E-mail) <jo-ann.zakielarz@unisys.com>, John Hornbaker (E-mail) <johnh@votehere.net>, John Stevens (E-mail) <john.w.stevens@bt.com>, Niten Malik (E-mail) <alexander.t.leventhal@accenture.com>, Paul Spencer (E-mail) <paul.spencer@boynings.co.uk>, Regis Jamin (E-mail) <rjamin@election.com>, Spencer Valentine (E-mail) <svalentine@iec.state.in.us>, Tim Bovee (E-mail) <tbovee@ap.org>, Tom Redman (E-mail) <Kvandam@dataqualitysolutions.com>, William Koenig (E-mail) <william.koenig@bankofamerica.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        OASIS EVS TC:  EML VERSION 3 VOTE AND NEXT TC MEETING

Dear All

VERSION 3 VOTE

Following the committee meeting on 12th December, we are now in a position to formally vote on adopting the attached documentation and supporting XML Schemas as EML Version 3 with the status of Committee Specification.

The only change between this latest draft, and the draft that was issued for the committee meeting is that we have merged the two volumes into one.  Everything else stays the same.

Could I please ask you now to cast your vote, either:
ACCEPT - to adopt EML version 3
DECLINE - not to adopt EML version 3 ( in this case your reasons for
declining would be appreciated)

We will keep the vote open for the next two weeks and will conclude it at 17.00 London time on 21 February.

Just to remind you the OASIS regulations require a 2/3 vote of TC members with no more than 1/4
objecting.

NEXT TC MEETING

The next committee meeting will be held on 6th March commencing at 15.00 London time (10.00 USA Eastern time).  The meeting will be a teleconference and I will issue phone numbers and agenda nearer the time.   Anyone in UK is welcome to join us here in Stockley House.

Regards

John Borras
Assistant Director
Office of the e-Envoy
Cabinet Office
United Kingdom
Tel no. +44 20 7276 3101

PS  Apologies if some of you get this twice, just not sure how up to date the committee e-mail address is.