Subject: Groups - Action Item Modified: #0017 EML feedback

OASIS Election and Voter Services TC member,

Craig Burton (craig@e1c.net) has modified this action item.

Number: #0017
Owner: Craig Burton (craig@e1c.net)

Comments:
Farah Ahmed  2004-02-26 14:30 GMT
Feedback to TC on experience gathered using EML.

Craig Burton  2004-03-09 04:07 GMT
We used EML to communicate between our channel solution and the H&I solution.  The key problem we had was the lack of an error code for postal voters denied a web ballot because they registered to vote via mail after receiving their web voting PINs.
VoteHere made these records "already voted postal" which then reported only as "already voted".  This cause alarms at the time as it appeared a web voting session might have been used fraudulently when in fact the voter had registered to vote postal and had received the PINs for web voting and assumed they were to vote online.

View Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/election/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=470